Wednesday, December 13, 2006


O wind, a blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!



Despite having an extra kid today (I am babysitting a neighbor's 3 yr old daughter) we were able to get a lot of schoolwork done in a short time. While the little ones kept each other busy playing, the big kids got started with their Spelling homework and Math lessons. E is really enjoying working with decimals and was excited that his lesson today consisted of word problems. I never used to like word problems much, but he said they're his favorite!

M is doing great with Math and I'm very proud of her for working so hard at it. Even though she excels in all of her other subjects, she had been having some trouble with Math until recently. I had decided at the beginning of the year to have her re-do 1st grade Math so that I could be sure she had mastered it before moving on. After a slow start, she is "getting it" now and has moved on to 2nd grade Math. I can tell that she is really proud of herself too! In History today, we read about Julius Ceasar and explored more of Ancient Rome. We visited Kazakhstan in Geography and the kids recited from memory all the countries of the former U.S.S.R. After that, we finished the day with Language Arts, Handwriting and Poetry (see above.)


No comments: