
Back to School
Winter Break is over, so it's time to get back to schoolwork. We had a very nice break. I actually enjoyed the Holidays. Usually I'm a bit of a scrooge because I tend to equate Christmas with stress. But even though there were a few sad moments as I thought about the people who were missing from our celebrations this year, I still had a very nice time. I was even hesitant to take down the tree. It seemed to look especially pretty this Christmas. Maybe I'm just getting sentimental in my old age. (My birthday is coming up so I'm allowed to be feeling a bit old right now.)
Anyway, our first day back was a good one. The kids were not looking forward to doing schoolwork again, but now they've changed their tune and said it was a fun day. They did their usual Math and Grammar lessons, had a chance to work on their typing lessons, started a new read aloud about Columbus' voyage, and even Gwen learned to read several new words today. After lunch we took a nature hike through the woods and around the lake to search for rocks. The weather was beautiful today. A bit scary that it is this warm in January. I think we'll need to do a science lesson on global warming.
Winter Break is over, so it's time to get back to schoolwork. We had a very nice break. I actually enjoyed the Holidays. Usually I'm a bit of a scrooge because I tend to equate Christmas with stress. But even though there were a few sad moments as I thought about the people who were missing from our celebrations this year, I still had a very nice time. I was even hesitant to take down the tree. It seemed to look especially pretty this Christmas. Maybe I'm just getting sentimental in my old age. (My birthday is coming up so I'm allowed to be feeling a bit old right now.)
Anyway, our first day back was a good one. The kids were not looking forward to doing schoolwork again, but now they've changed their tune and said it was a fun day. They did their usual Math and Grammar lessons, had a chance to work on their typing lessons, started a new read aloud about Columbus' voyage, and even Gwen learned to read several new words today. After lunch we took a nature hike through the woods and around the lake to search for rocks. The weather was beautiful today. A bit scary that it is this warm in January. I think we'll need to do a science lesson on global warming.

2 comments:
Yes, I was thinking of what a big change from your snow pictures below! We have been in the 70's here again, but are getting a little cooler weather now.
Post a Comment